Thursday, March 13, 2014

5 Minute Spring Clean Up





Do you guys have an area in your home that really needs a few minutes of re-organization? I did, and thankfully it only took me 5 minutes. So here is my challenge to you, pick a small area, nook, shelf, drawer which ever that needs some attention and time yourself 5, 10, or 15 minutes and do as much as you can in that time.
My bookshelf/kitchen extra shelving storage area needed some TLC, it still needs some work but it looks much better now.

Before & After:

As you can see, theres a lot going on. 
The before arrangement:
Top shelf had a vase, pasta strainer, chips lol
First shelf had baking supplies, chocolate stash, cooking spices and cook books.
2nd shelf is my little "bar" area 
4th shelf is supposed to be my tea/coffee area with my cups and tea
5th shelf is my bar bottles and dog treats
and last but not least the bottom shelf has dog food, lunch bags and cooking oils/vinegars
In my condo, I don't have much storage space but I was under utilizing the top shelves of my cabinets. So with 5-10 minutes (while I was boiling pasta) I decided to rearrange a few items. Here is the after:


Now, its not a HUGE improvement but it definitely has less visual clutter. 
I started by removing the baking and snack type items and putting them on the top shelf in my cabinets. I then cleaned up the insides of the small baskets (mostly just removed bigger items hanging out of them). I put most of the dog treats in the Lululemon lunch bag and the larger ones that aren't open yet on the top shelf. I moved the teas into the cabinets but I am leaving the cups and things on that shelf. I do avoid placing items in the middle because the kitchen light switch is there. The bottles of alcohol, well the wine bottle is empty I should get rid of that, The ketel one vodka is almost done but Stas and I are not big alcohol drinkers so this shelf remains pretty empty. 
The shelf is the Billy Bookcase from Ikea we did not install the back board because we would of had to cut a whole in it to access the light switch and makes it look a little less "open" if that makes sense.

Hope you enjoyed the post and are inspired to take 5-15 minutes and do a quick organization spring clean even thou it snowed today :(

Subscribe by email so you don't miss the next spring clean up challenge coming soon!

Much Love, 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS