Saturday, March 15, 2014

Phillips Hue Lighting System & Hue Party App


(The above photo looks best on Retina/High Resolution devices)

Tonight I am going to be blogging about the HUE lighting system and a new-to-me app that goes perfectly with it. If you don't already know what HUE is click here or watch the video below:

Basically, its a lightbulb system (for any lamp) that connects to your WIFI and can be controlled by iPhone, iPad and other tech devices. You can make it any colour you want! You have thousands to choose from.  So i've had the system for almost a year now. I love it for everyday reading (soft lighting), concentration for cleaning (bright white), and happy lighting (for me its variations of pink).  I love that I can control the lights when I am not home- turn on a light for my dog dash, have the lights on so I don't have to flick on the lights when I come home with full hands of groceries. When I was in a house I made it look like I was home when I wasn't. There are a lot of perks ;)

Now tonight my bf has been hard at it with studying for exams. I say, "lets have a 10 minute dance party to break the stress" (Another Perk ;) ). So I went on to the APP Store and Voila "Hue Party" by SpaceNation Inc. YAYYYYY! Now the lights are strobing in different colours to the beat of the song on the stereo- so much fun!

Here are some screenshots of both the Hue Party App and the Philips Hue standard lighting App:


The Party Hue app makes it super easy! just play around with the settings and "themes" they are a lot of fun. I love the candle theme, they flicker like candles!

So if you have the HUE light system download this app now!! If you don't have the Hue Lighting System you should seriously look into it. <3 Heres a video I found on youtube of the app in action:


The App is Free but if you want more than 2 lights to join the party the cost is $3.99.
Hope you enjoyed!



Disclaimer: All my opinions are of my own and I am not affiliated with Phillips Hue or SpaceNation Inc. I am not being paid to discuss this app nor do I make money when you join the hue world :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS