Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My New Hair - Blonde/Brown to "Medium Brown Red Mahogany"


As you all know,  I ordered from ESalon.com (Read my Pre-Review here) and last night I dyed my hair RED for the first time ever!

Here was my inspiration:


(not my photos- found on google images)

My Hair Before:
In sunlight and in the shade. I had a lot of blonde and light brown highlights up top and my hair was virgin/dark dark brown on the bottom. I also had about 2-4 inches of regrowth. We will see how the red reacts to the different colours!



The Process/ eSalon.com Review:


I received my box on March 17th (Yesterday) and after work I dyed my hair (at 11:00 at night!). 
First can we comment on how adorable and cute the packaging is? My name is even on the bottles!
The first thing you notice is this large note card that holds your personalized instructions (you can also download these from your eSalon profile).

My Personalized Instructions for my custom formulated hair colour:


In the box they have two colours and two developers. One for the roots and one for the ends. In between this they have a small box of hair colour accessories called the Perfect Match Kit.  

The Perfect Match kit included: Heart Lock It Color Safe Shampoo, Love Unconditionally Color Safe Conditioner, Stain Guard (which was a life saver! so amazing), One Towelette of Stain Remover and two pairs of latex gloves. On the far right you will notice the bag called Coloring Tools- this was purchased separately. 

The Coloring Tools Included: 4 Hair Clips, Coloring Bowl, Timer, and a colouring brush. 

My review on the accessories:

Shampoo & Conditioner: Smells amazing! Thou only enough for one use for me as I have a lot of hair! it was also very conditioning and is available for purchase at $9.95 a bottle.

Stain Guard: Has coconut oil and vaseline like properties and is applied to your forehead, ears, anywhere you think you might get hair dye on. This stuff is amazing too. No staining for once!

Stain Remover: The guard was so good I didn't need to use this.

Clips: Are amazing, they held all my hair with one clip, thats nearly impossible. Love these!

Timer: Great little tool, didn't think I would need it because I have an iPhone but when you have gloves on with dye, you don't want to touch your iPhone. The timer was very handy and got all covered in dye but cleaned up easily. Even came with a battery.

Bowl and Brush: I didn't end up using these like I thought I would. I am in a rental condo and I was afraid of splashing the dye everywhere with the brush, but dying my hair with the bottle was very easy.


The After:
So two hours later, because I have a lot of hair, I emerged from the bathroom looking like this:
Now the results aren't as red as I would of liked but the colour is still very pretty. It is more medium brown than red which is unfortunate. I did email eSalon so we will see what happens next. My hair is super soft and looks and feels healthier than it was before. The hair colour was a great quality and was easy to apply. Depending on the lighting my hair looks more brown then red but direct sunlight obviously makes it look more red. I do really like it, I just want to add more red to look like the hair pics above. I am on a auto-ship program where you get 20% off automatically so maybe the next one they will send colour with more red. Hopefully they can send me another gloss in the mean time. We will see!

The suggestions I did provide to eSalon were:
1) If there was a spot to add photos of what we want our hair to look like- that would be nice.
2) Faster shipping options/ tracking for Canadians (mine took two weeks!)


Hope you all enjoyed the transformation and are inspired to have a "new-do" for Spring! Thanks for reading, Pin, Share and Subscribe via Email to my blog for future Red Hair Updates!

UPDATE: MARCH 24th: 
eSalon.com got back to me and they were super amazing! great customer service. They are offering me a "Re-dye" resending me what I originally ordered reformulated with more red. THEY ARE AWESOME!  

Here is an update of the second dye job:  The Update Here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS