Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Card Kits V.S Studio Calico Card Kits

Hey Guys!

Today I wanted to discuss the difference between Simon Says Stamp (SSS) kits and the Studio Calico (SC) Card kits. I recently switched from SSS to SC for the month of June. 

Here were the kits for June:

Simon Says Stamp:
For June I found the colours to be really pretty but the card stock to be oddly matched for the time of year. Yellows or Pinks for card stock would of suited better. Over all I think the value for money on this kit was very good. The stamp set was very versatile and I loved the different sayings. If you click the photo you can go into more detail on this kit, unfortunately it is all sold out and won't be coming back. Favorite Flowers stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, My Mind’s Eye 6×6 patterned papers and enamel dots, Freckled Fawn washi tape, Prima wood veneers and an assortment of coordinating cardstock.



Studio Calico:
I love loved the colours of this months kit. I think the colours were bang on for the spring/early summer of June. I really enjoy that the paper pack for Studio Calico comes with different brands of papers. I also loved the gold bakers twine :) for content description click on the picture below. This kit is still available but is more expensive than the original subscription price ($10 more). What was unique about this box was that it came with a die, felt, and cork sheets! very cool!
My card got warped by the embossing heat gun- the powder would not melt! ugh! Not my best card but I was in a rush to use the kit. Ya'll know how it is. :) 


So which one do I like best for June 2014?
I would say its a tie. I really liked the letter stickers in the SSS kit and I really loved the colours in the SC kit. So I am tied in opinions for this month. But looking at July card kits for both brands I would say Studio Calico for me -won. I do not subscribe to both, but viewing online I like the SC kit better. Probably because I am Canadian and it was 4th of July Themed. :) Comment on which one you prefer, I would love to know.


Here are the links to July and August Kits:

Studio Calico July
Studio Calico August (Not available yet but sneak peeks are up!)

VS

Simon Says Stamp July
Simon Says Stamp August



Hope you enjoyed, 
Please comment, subscribe by email, pin or share :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS