Sunday, December 07, 2014

Custom Christmas Ornament





I decided to start a new tradition, partly inspired by my parents still having my "baby's first christmas 1988" ornament. This ornament tradition will be a custom ornament filled with little trinkets and a wish.

So here's how to make yours!
You will need:
1- Clear Plastic or Glass Ornament - I purchased mine at Michaels for .56 Cents
2. Sequins, jingle bells, and little trinkets to put inside the ornament
3. Glitter
4. Wood Piece, Stickers, or Die Cut piece for the year
5. Small piece of paper for your wish


I first put in a few mini jingle bells (these were purchased from Stampin' Up! years ago).
I then added snowflake sequins from Studio Calico, Gold Flat sequins from Stampin' Up! and these wooden starts which I coloured green to resemble the decorations I chose for this years tree. 
I then took a wooden piece from my card kit from Studio Calico and wrote Christmas 2014 on both sides. 

Other variations could include:
The year painted on the outside or with stickers
A die cut of your family name on the inside
Each family member adds a wish
Put the family initial on the outside in rhinestones.. there are so many ideas!



I then dumped about 2-3 tsp's of glitter. I ended up choosing a light green glitter to match my ornaments. This way if I change the accent colour of my tree yearly and remember in 2014 I chose green. Then all the years of custom ornaments on the tree after a few years would tell a story in itself!


I then wrote a "family wish". This was a goal/hope/dream we are hoping will come true before Christmas 2015. We each have personal goals, but this one was something we both wish for.


And Voila! A custom ornament, no one else in the world has!
I hope this will become a treasured memory and diary of sorts for years to come.


Hope you enjoyed, 
Please comment, subscribe by email, pin or share :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS