Friday, April 11, 2014

Stay Red My Friends!



Hey my Red Colour Headed Ladies! Haha
Tonight I am going to let you in on my stay red hair routine.

1) First things first, NEVER EVER EVER do I use hot or even warm water on my hair.
Yes, it sucks but even with cold water the red dye still goes down the drain. I usually take a hot hot shower with a shower cap on and then wash my hair using the spout in cold water. This way my body is still hot enough that I don't freeze too much.

2) I always use a sulphate free colour-safe shampoo. Don't cheap out! The Joico brand is a great brand and its $19.95 (CDN) per litre - not bad! The eSalon Brand smells AMAZING and I actually like it better than the Joico brand as it lathers up so nice for a sulphate-free shampoo. Did I mention it smells amazing? It is $9.95 a bottle each if you are on the auto-ship program for hair dye! That's 20% off the original price. I WILL be picking it up once my Joico has run out. Sigh! I can't wait for that day.



3) I do not wash my hair every day or even every other day. For thicker hair types like me, we can easily say every third or fourth day is okay, but I know with finer hair you may need the help of a dry shampoo to get to your third day. The more you wash, the more you wash your red hair away :(

4) Every other wash (once a week) I use a colour depositing treatment/mask. The lovely people at eSalon gave me their Tinted Love Colour Treatment in a custom colour for my hair! Love it! 
(Picture above)

5) I try to protect my hair from the harsh elements like the sun (What Sun? I'm in Toronto it's still so cold here :( ) and heat. Using a UV protectant and a heat protectant for styling like the one I reviewed last month will help fading. If you swim in salt water or chlorine make sure to avoid getting your hair wet at all costs!

6) Last but not least, I colour my hair every 6-8 weeks as needed with a quality professional dye either from eSalon.com. Alternatively if you do not like doing your own hair, see a professional.
Start colouring your hair for just $9.95 with eSalon.com - You cannot beat that :) Read My Review Here! Did I mention how much I love eSalon.com? They are the cats meow he he. 

Stay Red my friends, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS